Role Review: Corporate Development
What is Corporate Development:
Corporate Development is a team mandated to execute on a company’s expansion strategy and support critical corporate initiatives within an organisation. Members of this team will help identify and target potential acquisitions, manage the acquisition process, support the development and delivery of business strategy, and operational involvement with newly acquired companies including integration and development. This is a highly visible role within an organisation and requires frequent interaction with the executive and senior management across the firm and manage the relationship with external advisors.
This is an exciting role for a person with a strong transaction background and commercial ability looking to further develop their strategic, analytical, negotiation and relationship skills.
How to secure a Corporate Development role:
- Excellent academic background which includes as a minimum:
- BA / Masters degree in a quantitative or business related discipline
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA) and/or CFA
- Consistently high academic achievement
- Prior experience in Corporate Finance, Transaction Services, Investment Banking or Private Equity
- Proven track record supporting the acquisition process including conducting market research, company analysis, lead generation and pipeline development, financial modelling, and due diligence.
- Strong commercial awareness and critical thinking to include deep understanding of the Irish / Global markets; companies, sectors and past deals of interest that operate within these markets, and impact from macro themes.
- Results driven individual with excellent attention to detail, high energy and strong interpersonal skills.
Future career prospects with this experience
Staying within Corporate Development. Going on to become Head of Corporate Development for an Irish plc or Multinational. Become a CFO/CEO of a PLC or Multinational. Move into Private Equity/Investments.
Associate level: €60,000 – €65,000
Manager level: €75,000 – €85,000
Associate director: €90,000 – €100,000
Director: €100,000 +
Learn more from our Director James Lynch: James Lynch email@example.com